GPAINNOVA to celebrate its 10th anniversary with an event on industrial innovation
GPAINNOVA, a leading technological platform specializing in solutions for surface finishing and specializing in marine robotics, medical devices, and power electronics, will celebrate its 10th anniversary with an event dedicated to industrial innovation. This special day, to be held at its headquarters in Barcelona (C/ Maracaibo, 1, sheds 2-6), will take place on Monday, April 24th —the day that marks 10 years since the founding of Steros GPA Innovative, SL, the embryonic company of the group— and will bring together experts from the technological and business fields.
Learning, networking and leisure
To celebrate its first decade of life, GPAINNOVA has launched a program that combines training, networking opportunities among attendees, and leisure. The activities planned for this day are the following:
- 10:00 AM-01:00 PM. Guided visit to GPAINNOVA’s factory and live demonstrations of the DLyte brand surface finishing machinery, based on the patented DryLyte dry electropolishing technology. Through several engineers and specialists, attendees will see first-hand the most common applications in these areas:
- Industrial sector
- Dental sector
- Medical sector
- 01:30 PM. Lunch.
- 03:00 PM-05:30 PM. Innovation Workshop in Industry 4.0 & 5.0, carried out by the deep tech cluster Secpho. The aim of this session is to launch four challenges linked to metal surface finishing and marine robotics:
- To develop an augmented reality system that allows operators to visualize the movement and current of the particle flow in a DLyte surface finishing machine.
- To detect electrolyte flow rate and particle concentration (and dispersion), as well as the number of impacts of the particles on the surface to be polished.
- To develop an environmental DNA detection system to take samples at sea autonomously. The information must be sent in real time.
- To develop an artificial vision system that allows detection in high turbidity conditions.
Interested people will be able to participate in this session free of charge, thanks to GPAINNOVA’s invitation. The only requirement is to send the following registration form.
- 05:30 PM. One-to-one meetings between attendees & coffee break.
- 06:00 PM. Round table: “Innovation in Industrial Environments: 4.0 Technology and the Challenge of the 5.0 Technology”. The institutional presentation will be given by Lluís Juncà, Director General for Innovation, Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship at Government of Catalonia; the moderator will be Joan Ras, partner at SDLI and Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at ESCI-UPF, who will interview GPAINNOVA’s CEO and co-founder, Pau Sarsanedas. Finally, the speakers at the round table will be Anna Casals, Head of Innovation at CELSA Group for Spain and France & Board Secretary at INDPULS; Diego Fernández, CEO at Gellify Iberia; Esteve Almirall, Associated Professor of Innovation at Esade and Full Professor at the Ramon Llull University, and Carles Puente, Fractus’ co-founder.
- 07:00 PM. Cocktail and networking.
The event is open to everyone. However, for organizational reasons, interested parties are kindly asked to confirm attendance by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 21st.
GPAINNOVA is a technology group established in 2013 in Barcelona, with subsidiaries in Sunrise (Florida, USA), Hong Kong, and Shenzhen (China) and specializing in surface metal finishing, with its brands DLyte and MURUA. GPAINNOVA has a team of more than 180 professionals on staff, including more than 40 engineers; more than 60 distributors, and more than 900 worldwide clients. It allowed the company to achieve a record annual turnover record annual turnover of 26 million euros, with double-digit growth compared to the previous year. GPAINNOVA has been selected by Financial Times among the 1,000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies for four consecutive years, between 2020 and 2023.
For registration and more information: